Job Title: Independent Living Skills Trainer
Minimum of two years experience in home health care helping people who have suffered a Concussion, Stroke, Head injury, Traumatic or Acquired Brain Injury adults.
An individual with a High School Diploma and (2) years experience helping individuals with disabilities and/or seniors to be more functionally independent.
An appropriate combination of experience and education may be substituted for some part of the qualifications.
Some evidence of competency in training areas we teach.
Reliable and safe transportation and auto insurance.
An individual with a Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of experience completing functionally based assessments, developing a comprehensive treatment plan and teaching individuals with disabilities and/or seniors to be more functionally independent.
Purpose: Independent Living Skills Instructors provide necessary instruction to clients so as to assist them with maintaining their independence and safety in the community.
1. Prepare teaching material for Independent Living skills Training and Support Service sessions.
2. Schedule client session time and programming according to their Individual Service Plan and the training domains.
3. See individual clients in their home to train, teach and provide support in: money management, nutrition, cooking, comparison shopping, emergency procedures, community awareness, mobility, laundry procedures, household management, sex/public health education, medical procedures, counseling and crisis intervention, and housing.
4. Provide training in rations determined by current care plan, and in accordance with the least restrictive environment philosophy (1:1 staff: client ratio, unless otherwise specified).
5. Coordinate client training programs with other programs with which they are involved.
6. Complete daily activity report documenting direct hours spent with clients and submit to other Team Members such as supervisor(s) on the first day of the following month.
7. Keep client files up to date.
8. Assist client in coordinating with other programs, services and benefit systems, such as Social Security, AFDC, WIC, food stamps, counseling, etc.
9. Attend monthly staff meetings, and monthly individual meetings with Team Members.
10. Participate in Inter-Disciplinary Team meetings as requested.
11. Other Duties as assigned.